MS Word corruption

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bigboy99, May 22, 2006.

1. bigboy99 macrumors 6502

One of my employees was typing a project, and hit an unknow combination of keystrokes causing the computer to lock up. He rebooted and started the app again, but now it has hundreds of small squares on the screen. The file was found, but appears to be corrupted. When the app is opened the squares are still everywhere, so a new file cannot easily be created.

Has this ever happened to anyone, and what is the solution?

Thanks in advance.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The small squares are probably unmapped characters in the document font. Make sure that the font is the one you want. Delete any extra characters. No biggie.

3. bigboy99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Your suggestion was not able to remedy the issue. I'm not sure if it's a Word problem or a Mac problem, but I suspect the former.

4. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I have not had this happen, but in the last 6 months my wife and I have had serious glitches using Word on OSX. I have the newest of both softwares and all are updated but I have had issues (on two separate computers) where I can't save documents, open certain ones, etc. All word docuements. It often locks up upon saving or opening windows, etc. Very buggy- which I guess is all I can expect from MS.:mad:

5. bigboy99 thread starter macrumors 6502

MS Office runs okay on my PB, but the issue my employee is having almost sounds like he accidently enabled a macro, and there is no way to know what it is or how to un-enable it.

6. California macrumors 68040

California

call Microsoft. They were somewhat helpful to me once tho their PC speak was hard to understand.