MS Word Password Crack

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by trickx54x, Apr 13, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,
    I have an MS Word document that is password protected on my mac (10.5) and I need to be able to read the document. As of right now it wont let me open the file. Any suggestions on how to get around the password or programs to crack it? Thanks.

2. Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

The password is there for a reason. Obviously, someone doesn't want you to read the file.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

It's my computer and I put the password on myself a year or so ago, but just forgot it. Obviously if you don't want to help, that's fine. I'm just looking for someone who does.

4. macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

We also have no way of knowing if that is actually true. You could be attempting to steal trade secrets or spy on someone.

5. macrumors P6

MacDawg

Cracks for such purposes are questionable as far as the Forum Rules go as well. Your best bet is to Google for the information. It may be quicker than getting a taker here.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

6. macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Yea, it's not that we don't trust you, I just don't my neck on the line on these forums. I've been here too long to be banned.

7. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yes it is. People will inherently gravitate towards LIAR and THEIF when it comes to requests of these natures. Check the iPhone forums if you need further evidence. However, I would say if asking this question isn't an issue (the lack of the thread closure and similar threads remaining open are proof enough for me) then giving an answer shouldn't be either.

I have been faced with this same issue but I was in windows. A simple google search helped me find an application that I had to pay $20 for. It solved my issue and the document was worth my $20 and time as it was very important. Clearly not important enough to write the password down, but important enough all the same.

I would google something similar for Mac. I would do it for you, but that would take the fun out of your treasure hunt and I don't want to steal your thunder.

8. macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

9. thread starter macrumors newbie