MS Word X misbehaving in OS 10.2

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Balin64, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

Has anyone else experienced problems with MS Word v.10? I have the latest update installed, running Jaguar. Tonight, my girlfriend (a Winchoke stalwart) finally asked to use my new iBook to type a letter. She was all "oohhs and ahhs" until damn MS Word "unexpectedly quit"! Damn! After telling my wenchie of a girlfriend (she was belittling the Mac) that all but the last line of the letter was gone, I transferred it to my G4 to finish it and print it... MS Word crashed on it too! Now, ladies and gents, I may be a newbie here at the forums but I have owned macs ever since I was able to buy a computer and know how to keep a system running well... before MS Word started crashing two, three times a day, nothing except OmniWeb, MS Internet Exploder and Neo had crashed on my OS X set up... Sorry to vent. Anyone experiencing the same irritating behavior from Word X?

2. goglamosh macrumors member

yes, word x dies on me all the time. i guess they need to rewrite the thing in cocoa, and recompile that thing.

3. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

A microsoft program misbehaving. Surely you jest. Stop the presses this is real news. I think you it's probably something your doing wrong. :D

Okay enough sarcasm it just struck me as funny when I read your thread title. It kind of sounded like you were suprised.

4. xlacrosse macrumors newbie

2 Comps i have it installed on with 10.2 work just fine. Make sure you have the Office X Service Pack from Microsoft.

5. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Amazingly, my Office X works.... I just installed it yesterday....

6. Balin64 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Balin64

Thanks for the suggestions...

And apologies for the apparent naivette.... it WAS rather late! I installed the service package already, after clean install of 10.2. It's just that it never crashed in 10.0-10.15. And I don't think I'm doing anything wrong... but what seems to make it more stable is if I log out then log back in. thanks for the tips, though!