MSN 5 on University Proxy Server

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by im_to_hyper, Oct 13, 2005.

1. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

Someone at a different board I post at had the following message in the Mac forums (which all in all have about 15 active visitors, 5 active posters) and none of us are able to figure this out. Obviously the 15,000+ PC guys aren't going to be able to figure this out, either.

Apparently his proxy server is configured under network preferences and he can use Safari and iTunes without a problem. I am sitting on a PC and have no access to MSN 5 for Mac.

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

You can get MSN 5 at http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default.aspx?pid=msnmessenger. After starting up the program, tell him to click the MSN Messenger in the menu bar and then Preferences from the drop down. Then hit the Accounts tab, and fill in the information for Manual configure settings.

3. im_to_hyper thread starter macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

Thanks! I had told him how to get to the preferences screen, but as mentioned, since I have no way of getting Mac Messenger I couldn't show him how to use it, so that sure helped.

Thanks for the link, but he already has it, plus its easy to find.