MSN always disconnects

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dooey, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Dooey macrumors newbie

I have a Powerbook G4. I wonder why my MSN always got disconnected every 10 min! there is no firewal activate in office. anyone can help!? I have gone through all network seeting and it seems ok!

2. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

It happens ALL the time. It's really annoying, especially on dialup. It happens a lot less if your on broadband but still often! Tip: Don't use it...

I use Adium: http://www.adiumx.com

It logs into MSN, Yahoo, AIM, iChat etc etc etc and it has amazing. You can also mod it with different emoticons.. and file sending is really good.. unlike MSN for mac :p
    :mad: :eek: :D :eek: :cool: :rolleyes: :confused: :)

3. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

Adium is the way to go indeed. It looks cool and you can even see when your correspondents close the conversation window:

Wot? Am i not interesting enough? :mad:

:D

4. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

i use AMSN

just do a search on google for AMSN for OS X --- it's a lot more stable, i think i get a disconnect once every few months since i got it

5. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

i ALWAYS get the same problem and i have rogers highspeed so i don't think it has nehting to do with connection speed cause some days i'll sign in and 3 seconds later i'm off, and also, there is often a delay and it won't say i'm signed out untill i actuallyy try to msg someoen :mad:

6. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

Fire

I decided to try Fire after having the same problem, and haven't had a problem with it.

Haven't tried Adium, though.

7. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

I certanly agree Adium is hand over foot better than messenger but I've found the exact opposite with the file sharing. I've found it's almost un-useable with adium.

8. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Microsoft has had serious problems with it's MSN servers lately, chances are it's not a problem located on your machines, but rather a server error...

And, yes, Adium X is by far the best piece of (free) IM software out there at the moment...