MSN Finally Works with Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by besler3035, Sep 28, 2005.

1. besler3035 macrumors 6502

Oct 29, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Hey -

Just checked out the site this morning and it finally looks like it does with Internet Explorer. It's about frickin' time.
  2. moonislune macrumors regular

Sep 11, 2005
    Just wondering...

Just wondering what you like on the MSN site. Anything I should know about?
  3. Bern macrumors 68000

Nov 10, 2004
  4. mcmillan macrumors 6502

Jul 4, 2004
    I don't really care about MSN, maybe MSN Spaces, but I don't see support for that yet.
  5. besler3035 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oct 29, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I don't really like anything about it, think it's fugly and what not, but I just happened to go to it yesterday.
  6. MacAficionado macrumors 6502

Oct 5, 2002
    An awesome place
    They still do this to you:

MSN Video

Why the largest software maker in the world cannot make or does not want to support other platforms is beyond me. This is the reason I hope for Microsoft's demise. MSN Messenger for Mac is a joke.
  7. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

Feb 4, 2004
    Florida Resident
    MSN Video Works?!

That is weird. It claims you have to install free software. Then it mentions IE6, Media 10, etc. Basically, most Mac users would give up at this point and move on. But then I clicked on the link that says you installed the software and the videos work fine. In the recent past, you could not even play video on the MSN site using your Mac.

Edit: Nevermind. It still isn't supported.
  8. killuminati macrumors 68020

Dec 6, 2004
    I know, it really sucks. One of the videos on there was an interview with my aunt and I wanted to see it because I missed it on TV, but I can't because I have a mac. :(