MSN, ICQ and Skype in ichat style ????

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Inlakech, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Inlakech macrumors newbie

Dec 27, 2006
    Im just thinking of how great it would be, if we were able to add all the other networks to ichat and video chat with people from icq and msn network in the Video-mirror style at the same time.

I think ichat itself is not very interesting to most users just because normally only few friends have a mac.

Christmas 2005 I got an Isight ... but I gave it back after I saw there were no possibillities at that time to get it to work with msn properly. By then I wished I could simply use ichat with the other networks.

How do you guys think about this ?
  2. niall.patrick93 macrumors newbie

Jan 30, 2007
    Ichat with MSN

new to this but...
    I think Ichat being able to work with MSn ect. would just complete a Mac totally. I recently (about 4 months ago) bought myself a MacBook and didnt realise you couldnt use the built in Isight with MSN - dissaponting but i still like my :apple:

I really hope that in the future Apple decide to take the responsibility to see how many people use Ichat and how many use MSN, AIM ect. and update their Ichat program to be compatible with MSn ect. or on the other hand update the Isight so it is compatible with MSN.
  3. redmeister macrumors 6502

Jan 26, 2007
    i think your best bet would be to flood adiums emails and get adium to incorporate it somehow. they already support so many chat clients and its a great program.... if they could do video conference and such it would be near flawless (well and improving file transfer too but thats another story)
  4. capoditutti macrumors 6502

Nov 11, 2006
    You can use the video chat feature on your new MacBook/MacBook Pro via Skype if that's any help - Skype for Mac recognises the camera and it works a treat...:) :) :)