MSN Messenger & aMSN not working...help..

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by timerollson, Jul 15, 2006.

1. timerollson macrumors 65816

I downloaded MSN onto my Macbook. I click the icon to launch it, but and nothing happens. I deleted and re-installed, but the same thing keeps happening. Then, I tried my hand at aMSN, but the icon pops up and nothing happens too. Earlier today, I used monolingual to delete unnecessary languages. I kept all of the ones that were unchecked, as well as the necessary English files. However, I did delete these files, as seen in the pic:
    [​IMG]

Was that a fatal mistake? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Silentwave macrumors 68000

Just a guess, but considering that MSN Messenger is not universal, I would think that may have had something to do with it...

3. timerollson thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh wow. I'm a dumbass. Thanks for the response. I guess I'd have to do a reinstall of OSX then, huh?

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Reinstalling MSN would probably do it, but then again I don't have any experience with Monolingual etc.

5. timerollson thread starter macrumors 65816

I did that and checked under "Get Info". It's a PowerPC application, so I'm SOL. I'll have to do a reinstall of OSX when I return home in August. I'm using Adium now. Do you know (or anyone of that matter) if it's possible to see if I'm mobile on my contact list? I want to make sure that people can still send messages to my cell.