Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Montano

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 5, 2003
Sunny CA :)
When I click on the MSN Messenger Mail Icon, it always opens up Safari to go to Hotmail. I want it to open up Camino. Camino is set as my default browser. Where in Messenger do I change the browser setting ??

Thanks

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
look through the preferences file in your home library folder.
other than that -

you see, even with camino or whatever MSN Messenger used to always open up to IE for hotmail. It appears that Apple has made Safari appear to the system, to be IE. Therefore when MSN says it wants to open IE to use hotmail it goes to Safari.
This is taken to the n-th degree in Panther where it appears (from developer release of course) that Apple wont be shipping it with IE.

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
I am afraid then - it must be hard coded into MSN Messenger. Sucky? Yes. I have not yet found a way to bypass this annoying functionality.

Hopefully someone else has found a way. Try looking through all of MS's plist files in your home directory. If there is nothing there, look in your internet preference files.

other than that - i can not help sorry. Good luck. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.