MSN Messenger Install doesnt take!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cougar1955, Feb 20, 2007.

1. cougar1955 macrumors newbie

I am new to Macs, and have been tring to install the new version of Messenger on my MacBook. I get the MSN Messenger sign in page and as soon as I enter my log-in and password, a message appears saying I need to download the new version. So I do that, see the downloaded app, and then try again, getting the same message. How do I get around this bug? All help appreciatted!

Toivo
    Chiang Mai Thailand

2. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

What version are you using? 6.02? Have you restarted your computer?

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Did you, by any chance, forget to drag the application out of the disk image and into your applications folder? This is a common mistake newbies to Mac OS X make when trying to understand the concept of disk images. Also, eject the disk image once you're done with it so you don't accidentally try to run the application from the disk image again.

4. Cyberlyp macrumors newbie

I've the same problem?

Hi from Barcelona I new in mac too. I've te same problem to install the new version of msn in my leopard. the file downloaded is .bin in which folder can I past or drag that archive??

Thanks

5. Cyberlyp macrumors newbie

Oh yea!!

Thank's brguitarist u're my friend Adium is fantastic!!:D

6. AndyK Contributor

AndyK

Agreed, Adium is a far superior messenger client for accessing the MSN network than the mac version of Messenger.

As above posters have said, make sure once loading the disk image, drag the icon to your applications folder then unmount the image.

7. Cyberlyp macrumors newbie

Another question...

Hi Again, what's t best music player for mac??

8. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

iTunes

9. mackindergarten macrumors 6502

Another vote for iTunes. I really love Smart Playlists and the way they help me to cope with all my music. E.g. I have a playlist, called "Never Played" which helps not to forget a single track.

Yes, my vote is definitely for iTunes!