MSN Messenger Keeps asking to retry

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by matthewamzn, Dec 20, 2006.

1. matthewamzn macrumors member

My MSN Messenger is driving me nuts. When I close my macbook it goes to sleep. Then when I open it, MSN pops up asking me if I want to retry connecting. Is there any way to have is msn silently reconnect without prompting the retry message (like how ichat works)?

2. myshoeshurt macrumors regular

myshoeshurt

I've been having the exact same problem. It's also just begun to drive me crazy. For the longest time I'd just hit "Retry" and it connects fine after that... but it's really annoying. Can anyone help us out?

3. matthewamzn thread starter macrumors member

4. Jimmieboy macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

I seem to have a similar problem. If I exit MSN and open it again, it will begin to log in. Then it says something about some problem and I have to press retry, then it will sign me in. Though sometimes it just has the signind in animation and won't sign me in, so I have to exit and re-open it.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Although this doesn't fix the problem directly, give Adium a go. It's a third-party MSN client that a lot of people prefer to Microsoft's one.

6. myshoeshurt macrumors regular

myshoeshurt

I have used Adium... but I really just want Mac Messenger to work. Looks like it might be a bug, with this many people experiencing the same problem.