msn messenger main window

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sam/B, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Sam/B macrumors member

Dec 31, 2005
    Newport - South Wales
    silly question i know but for anyone who uses msn messenger on their mac if you have a conversation window open (or multiple windows) how do you go back to the main msn window (the one that lists your contacts)? I just can't figure it out. I used to be able to do it just by holding in a key on the keyboard (forget what key) and clicking on the msn messenger icon in the dock. I've tried all the key combinations i can think of with no luck. It used to work when I was running a version of OSx 10.4 but now i'm on 10.3.9 (since I lost the install CD for 10.4)
  2. danhig123 macrumors member

Sep 1, 2006
    If you are running MSN 6, control+click on the MSN icon in the dock and select 'view personal contact list'.

Hope this helps.

3. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

Aug 8, 2006
    without looking i think its 'contact list' in the menu, why dont you just keep the contact list window open as well as the chat boxes??
  4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Do you close the MSN Contact List window, or is it just not in focus? If the latter, you can cycle through the open windows of the app with Apple-` or Apple-shift-` (opposite directions).