msn messenger problem (offical client)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dragon2611, Aug 20, 2006.

1. dragon2611 macrumors regular

Sep 19, 2004
    if i use adium or my pc (WLM) i can chat on msn just fine.

however with the offical mac client i sign in, can see the contact list then a few moments later i get booted off with the following message "the system is unavailable now so you have been signed out of Microsoft messenger"

if the system is unavailable how come i am able to stay connected on adium and my pc client :eek: :confused:

my system is a 1.83ghz macbook 1gb ram. osx 10.4.7
  2. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    You just reminded me of the main reason I dumped the official client and went to Adium. In other words, that's normal.
  3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    I use Mercury Messenger because I was tired of all the problems, even when MSN Messenger stayed connected.
  4. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Apr 27, 2006
    I had the same problem intermitantly when I first got my Mac mini. I'd been using a G3 box before that and MSN ran much smoother on

I use aMSN, its great, plus its universal. The official client is full of bugs and is slow as a rake.
  5. dragon2611 thread starter macrumors regular

Sep 19, 2004

Im trying mecrury at the moment, I had amsn but if i was chatting to serveral people it would stop responding it was still receiving messages and such but the UI locked up i couldn't click anywhere or type anything.

I use adium most of the time but sometimes if i drop connection to msn it won't sign back on till i disable and renable the account (adium 1.0b8) just upgraded to 1.0b9 i think not sure if its fixed or not.
  6. Star Destroyer macrumors 6502

Jun 15, 2006
    umm My aMSN was not universal, its PowerPC, unless they updated it in the last month.. Thats why i switched to Adium, because Adium is Universal..

EDIT: wow, i had an OLD version, it is Universal! hrmm, i should look into that perhaps. But i still enjoi Adiums interface, its much nicer