MSN Messenger refusing to work

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lieb39, Oct 14, 2006.

1. lieb39 macrumors 6502

lieb39

Hello everyone,

This is a good one; I have the latest version of MSN on my Powerbook G4. Running tiger, everything updated. When i try to sign in, it attempts and than just goes back to the sign in page. I know it gets in because I get kicked out on other computers.

The catch? I've removed it, COMPLETELY (All files associated to it, everything) and it still fails to work. Other sign-ins work fine, but this one does not.

Its fine on a windows machine. Why isn't it working on my mac?!

Thanks,

lieb39

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Why do you use MSN messenger anyway??
    Download aMSN or Adium and see if they work. I personally find them much better as does pretty much everyone on this site.
    I conjunction with mad jew's post, chek out www.ebuddy.com as it is a good, reliable web browser chat site thing.

4. lieb39 thread starter macrumors 6502

lieb39

Well I know that it isn't the firewall because I can log with another MSN Passport account, but my hotmail is refusing to log on.

I like the orginal MSN for Mac because it *should* just work..

Cheers

5. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Ok I might be experiencing similar problems. I cannot log in with MSN or aMSN however I can log into my hotmail (email) account. And it was working about 3 hours ago, my sister can still log in....?!:confused:

eBuddy gives me an authentication error...

Windows Live Messenger tells me the service is unavailable, however I can sign in other hotmail accounts.

Anyone have any ideas?

6. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz