MSN Messenger & Safari in 10.3.3

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by djjon, Mar 18, 2004.

1. djjon macrumors member

Ever since upgrading to 10.3.3, Safari has been really slow so right now I'm using explorer. Also, MSN Messneger won't even open. I've tried reinstalling MSN a few times.

2. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    well...

M$ has been having problems with their own software and security bugs and they don't know whats wrong! Imagine that?!?! :p:p I can open MSN Messenger, but today it kicked me off all of the time and the after 11 (CST) it wouldn't even let me sign in- said the service was down or to check my net connection, but that was ok, it was them.

3. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

on a side note

did u repair permissions after the update?

4. djjon thread starter macrumors member

Yup i repaired permissions and also did the hardware diagnostic which found nothing. Ijust wish AOL was more popular up here (Toronto area) casue then i could use iChat. Thanks for the replies.
    Jon
    also, after i repaired permissions, Safari became alot faster.

5. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

well, there's a huge MSN outage recently, read above. I have had trouble getting on and staying on all day. as i mentioned above, they do not as of when i last heard know what is wrong. Maybe they should all get Macs!

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Yeah, I had problems with MSN too. It's not your computer causing the problems :)

As for Safari running slowly, you say you've repaired permissions? Try opening Terminal and typing "sudo periodic daily weekly monthly", which will rebuild the locate database (so that it can find files faster - at least I assume that's what it does).