MSN Messenger

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by oli543, May 17, 2005.

1. oli543 macrumors newbie

Hope I'm putting this in the right area, but I need a little help!

I signed in on a windows PC with the new MSN messenger 7 (version 7.0.0777), and changed my "personal message" (the bit in italics after my display name). Now when I sign in on my mac, with messenger for mac, I can't see this "personal message" (I know the mac version doesn't have this feature), but all my contacts still can. I've tried changing it on MSN 7 on windows, but it makes no difference. Whenever I sign in on my mac, my contacts see my original "personal message", even if I change it on MSN 7 on windows. I desperately want to change it please, how do I go about it? Hope someone can help!!

Cheers, Oli.

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

this thread is a few days old, so hopefully you have either fixed the problem or at least notice this post...

they can see this feature because it means nothing that you are not running that version - if they are, it will work. however since you have access to a PC with this program, you should be able to solve the issue.

make sure you are signed out on the mac before you change it on the winddows machine.
    when you save the changes on the PC, clear your browser cache and check it, sign out and check on your mac.

that's my guess.

3. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I had the same problem.

On a PC I used the feature that says what song you are playing. I signed out with that still on. Then I signed into my Mac. And asked me why I have been listening to the same song for the last couple days non stop. I still can't get it off.

4. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

wow it really is absurd the lack of interest MSN and Yahoo have in being USEFUL on a mac. the wankers.

5. oli543 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help guys, but somehow about 5 days after the problem started it has just sorted itself out. Wierd!

6. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Guess because some 3rd party apps do their thing, but better! I'd be pissed too!
    http://www.adiumx.com/
    http://fire.sourceforge.net/