MSN Messenger!!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Falleron, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

I cant believe that M$ has left a really useful feature out of the MSN Messenger software for the Mac!!! The File transfer facility!!! Whats going on? When will it be added???

Cheers

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

amazing....

did u know u can do the same thing with aol's instant messenger?

3. Falleron thread starter macrumors 68000

Falleron

Hmmm. I might have to give aol a look. However, I know lots of people that use MSN for their sins. Come on M$ sort this out!!

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

yes it's true...

and what exactly do u mean by "sins?" :confused:

5. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Sadly I use MSN messenger to talk to school friends and if they add the file transfer feature is would be fantastic.

Anybody who wants to talk to me on it my passport address is: gwickenden@brooklineuk.com

Ensign

6. benmac macrumors member

Yeah... I'd like to have that feature too. Actualy, the Mac OS X version really sucks, it always quits unexpectedly and sometimes, when I log in, all the contacts appear as "???".
    Strange...
    Anyway, lets hope M$ updates it soon...

7. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I use just one program for all my different chat engines... Called Fire... It is a free download, and I found it at version tracker. It supports all the different services like AIM, MSN, ICQ, Yahoo... I found that the current version doesn't crash on me, even though I might get dropped by some of the services. You can also import your buddy list into it. I don't have an MSN account, since you have to sign up for a hotmail email account and that passport thing. The program works very well with OSX, probably because it was created there, not a OS 9 application that has been ported over.

Since I am in OS X 99% of the time, I try to use native applications as much as humanly possible.

For that reason, I picked up the upgrades for both Illustrator (10) and Bryce (5) yesterday, since they are OS X native now. I look forward to playing with both :D.

8. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

9. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

MSN messenger.

I've been using MSN messenger because most of my friends are on there. But it sucks. I've had tons of problems. It often will kick me off or not update online contacts after being idle for a while.

Its a crappy application with a bunch of crappy servers to connect to.

Crappy.

Matthew

10. Falleron thread starter macrumors 68000

Falleron

The only thing I meant was that I am not too impressed with m$!! Ok, they brought office to OSX reasonably quickly but its full of bugs. I keep getting errors in Entourage, MSN does not have the facilities it should + all office programs take stupid amounts of time to properly quit!! Dont get me wrong, when they sort the problems out I will be very happy to use M$ software, but at the moment I am not happy.

Its not my computer because I have a 1GhzDP with 1Gig of RAM!!