MSN Messenger

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fall3n, Sep 19, 2006.

1. fall3n macrumors 6502

Aug 17, 2006
    So I just got my iMac 24" and it's AMAZING! I have a PowerBook as well, but I've never used MSN on it because I also have a PC Desktop so I've just used that for everything. Anyway, now that I have my iMac it's taking over the desktop position. What's the best MSN type application to use? I've been looking at Adium and Trillian and GAIM. I liked Windows Live Messenger, except for all the bugs, and I'd like something similar (visually at least) I don't really need anything that supports other messenger programs because I don't know anyone who uses them. Everyone uses MSN in Canada. Anyway, what are your suggestions?
  2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Aug 30, 2006
    There's an actual port of Windows Messenger for mac, which doens't have much support for anything, no webcam, nothing fancy. There's Mercury, which has (to the best of my knowledge) most of the features of Windows Live Messenger, apart from the file sharing system, but doesn't look that pleasing to the eye. The best looking app would be adium, but it doesn't support webcam (yet)