msn messenger

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by discomonkey, Aug 7, 2004.

1. discomonkey macrumors newbie

Jul 11, 2004
    does anybody else have problems sending files over msn messenger? neither i nor the reciever have firewalls set up, so i'm not sure what the problem is. i am connected via a wireless router but i have the firewall and encryption disabled on the router.
  2. Nspace macrumors regular

Jul 13, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I have the same problem. I made sure my friend didn't have anything setup, and I even turned on DMZ to my Powerbook, still had problems. Although I have been able to send files to some, it is really unpredictable it seems.

Not sure what it could be. I think this may have come up in another thread and some people said they had used other instant messaging clients like adium and it solved their problems of being able to send files.

Tomorrow I will look into it and see if I can find out any more info.
  3. Gee macrumors 65816

Feb 27, 2004
    London, UK
    I've found that problem as well - sorry, no solution for you, apart from switching to iChat or Yahoo or the like...
  4. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    I was having problems until I set up port forwarding on my router. It works fine now (there's now only one person I can't send to or receive from, he has a router but hasn't forwarded the ports).
  5. rock6079 macrumors 6502

Jan 6, 2004
    theres been so many threads about this lol, yet nevers seems ot b an answer.. i have same problem but no problem on msn w/ vpc