msn mssngr on OS 10.4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrtoad, Jan 26, 2007.

1. mrtoad macrumors newbie

I have had my Tiger for over a year. MSN Mssngr has always run fine. Lately, when I launch it at start up, it tells me "an error ocurred"

It wants me to click cancel or OK to try again.

I click okay as I am always able to surf even when the error ocurrs, and it gets me to the sign in screen like I did not type my password or uername but all the data is there, I click sign in and it finally goes.

I delet MSN Mssngr and reinstall and same result. It always worked fine prior to a month or two ago.

The only weird peice, is in the past, if I delete and reinstall an APP on the Mac, I have to re-enter all MSN email data. When I delete and re-install now, it is re-finding all my email/password info like it is still in my system, but don't know where.

I don't know if that is related to why I get the error on sign-in but I never deleted and re-installed a MSN or Windows App before and have it still be somewhere--the Mac is saving it somewhere.

Any ideas? My wife is extremely irritated by it. Seems a small glitch but it happens every time I turn on system. Most annoying.

mrtoad

2. theman5725 macrumors 6502

You probably did not fully uninstall MSN. Try using uApp.

3. Maynerd macrumors regular

Is that free?

4. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

Yes uApp is free. It also pretty good as far as these things go.

5. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I reccomend the latest adium beta, I mainly use that, but use Mercury messenger when I want videochat...

6. Maynerd macrumors regular

When you say pretty good as far as these things go? Is this not a good every day use uninstaller program?

7. macbookprouser macrumors member

adium rocks, you should seriously try it. you probably wont use anything else.

8. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

Yes it is a good everyday installer.