MSN not working on wireless - reply ASAP pls

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by QJS, Dec 12, 2006.

1. QJS macrumors newbie

hiii im at the library using the wireless connection on my new 13'' Macbook CD2, for some reason the MSN isnt workin on this kind of connection, it always works at home on the wired connection. so whenever i try to sign in on the wireless network it says ''your not connected to the internet or wrong password'' so whats the deal here?
    my bastard friend is using a windows laptop and is making fun of the apple at the moment cuz he is sign in to the MSN on the same wireless network...

2. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Download Adium X or another MSN Client like aMSN and see if that works. Don't know what else could be the problem.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Most likely problem is that your copy of MSN is not configured to default back to the HTTP port when it is rejected on an alternative port; it is probably therefore being hater-blocked by the firewall. :)

I'm not sure how to fix this on the actual MSN client... I know how to do it for every other client, but not that one. :(

Option the deuce: http://msn2go.com -- it's a Java (I think) based browser client for MSN. It actually works fairly nicely. :)

4. Canerican macrumors regular

Are you using a Netgear wireless router? If you are switch to port 6363, the default won't work.