MSNBC Live Video Web site

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by utilizer, Feb 13, 2003.

1. utilizer macrumors regular

May 12, 2002
    In Atlanta!
    Well friends, just thought I'd let you know...For about the last three years that the MSNBC web site has been up, I've noticed that they blocked Mac users for a time.
    I just went there in Safari and clicked on a live video link, thinking it wouldn't work. Well, Safari has problems loading the Windows Media Plug-in anyways but loaded the file just fine in the program. Thinking it was program related, I launched IE and alas it worked inside the program!
    They're now supporting Mac users surfing their web site. I guess they thought that if ABC is touting the fact that their ALIAS stuff works, why not do the same for Mac??
    Check it out; it's a very good recap of the day's news in case you miss Nightly News like I do all the time!

Note: if the link doesn't work, go to the main page ( and scroll down to where it says Quick Links and then Free Video.
  2. icetraxxg5 macrumors 6502

Apr 7, 2002
    Commerce Township
    Safari can't handle windows media player files and opens windows media player if you have it installed... I don't see how MSNBC didn't support Mac users in the beginning, MSNBC is owned by General Electric btw. and should work fine on any Mac in any web browser but the video content is windows media player only but that shouldn't be a problem because there has been a windows media player for mac for as long as I known.