msnbc.msn.com problems loading

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by bbarnhart, Mar 20, 2004.

1. bbarnhart macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

When I go to msnbc.msn.com on either of my Macs, more that half the time it won't load a page and Safari tells me there was a bad server response. This does not happen in IE nor does it ever happen on a Windows machine. Does this ever happen to any of you? I not, then I wonder what the deal is on my end? Thanks

2. dukemeiser macrumors 6502a

dukemeiser

Look at the address of the site. MSN. Of course it won't work from a Mac.;)

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You can manually type the following URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/. However, it will not work as a link. Most strange.

4. Cursor macrumors 6502

Cursor

This happens all the time with me. I think the website has some problems with Safari, or the other way around. If you keep trying to load the site, it will respond after the 3rd or 4th time. All of the videos on that site are incompatible with Safari also. I think Dukemeiser's right. ;)

5. thejazzman10 Guest

i have that problem too!! must be a safari thing...

6. bbarnhart thread starter macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

Well, on one hand I'm glad that I'm not the only one with this problem, but on the other hand I wish that it would work. OK. Thanks for everyone's response.

This started happening a few weeks ago. I remember when they switched over a few months ago with msnbc.com at msnbc.msn.com and changed the look of the website there were several features that didn't work. One that I liked was the Week in Pictures. It does work now (when I can get the page to load). One step forward, one or two steps back...

Maybe they need the change the cable station MSNBC to MSNBC.MSN