mspaint wannabe?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tekmoe, Sep 20, 2005.

1. tekmoe macrumors 68000

i am getting annoyed with OS X. actually, i am getting annoyed with myself.

i want to be able to stitch some .jpg's together to create one .jpg file. with mspaint on windows, it is very easy because i know how to do it. however, i cannot figure out for the life of me how to do this in OS X. i've tried graphic converter but it's not doing what i want it to do.

does anyone have any tips/tricks that may lead me in the right path?

thank you.

justin

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

I'm a bit confused as to why you couldn't do it in Graphic Converter. Really shouldn't be that tricky, but either way, you could always try something Seashore if you wanted a free app that worked like Paint. Or just use Photoshop... or figure out Graphic Converter?

3. tekmoe thread starter macrumors 68000

funny you mention seashore...i found that app shortly after i originally posted my previous message. seashore seems to work pretty good, but it's still not as easy as paint.

the problem with graphic converter is this...

let's say i have 6 .jpg's that i want to stitch together. each .jpg is 640x480 in size. i want each .jpg to rest on top of the other so that i have one column of six pictures. in graphic converter, i click File>New>Image. the problem is, i have to guess or calculate how big the blank image needs to be so i can paste all my pictures onto it and build them into a column. there has to be an easier way to do it, but im a graphic converter n00b.

thx for any help any of you can provide.

4. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

well, as far as the size goes, let's say you want to make a column of 6 640x480 images like you mentioned. the final image will be 640px wide, and 2880px tall. you'll need a bit of extra room, so you could make it 900x3200, then when you're done just crop away the rest of the blank space. just a matter of multiplying and then adding a little bit in each direction. i think that's what you're asking...