mspaint wannabe?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tekmoe, Sep 20, 2005.

1. tekmoe macrumors 68000

Feb 12, 2005
    i am getting annoyed with OS X. actually, i am getting annoyed with myself.

i want to be able to stitch some .jpg's together to create one .jpg file. with mspaint on windows, it is very easy because i know how to do it. however, i cannot figure out for the life of me how to do this in OS X. i've tried graphic converter but it's not doing what i want it to do.

does anyone have any tips/tricks that may lead me in the right path?

thank you.

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Nov 17, 2004
    The Msp
    I'm a bit confused as to why you couldn't do it in Graphic Converter. Really shouldn't be that tricky, but either way, you could always try something Seashore if you wanted a free app that worked like Paint. Or just use Photoshop... or figure out Graphic Converter?
  3. tekmoe thread starter macrumors 68000

Feb 12, 2005
    funny you mention seashore...i found that app shortly after i originally posted my previous message. seashore seems to work pretty good, but it's still not as easy as paint.

the problem with graphic converter is this...

let's say i have 6 .jpg's that i want to stitch together. each .jpg is 640x480 in size. i want each .jpg to rest on top of the other so that i have one column of six pictures. in graphic converter, i click File>New>Image. the problem is, i have to guess or calculate how big the blank image needs to be so i can paste all my pictures onto it and build them into a column. there has to be an easier way to do it, but im a graphic converter n00b.

thx for any help any of you can provide.
  4. homerjward macrumors 68030

May 11, 2004
    fig tree
    well, as far as the size goes, let's say you want to make a column of 6 640x480 images like you mentioned. the final image will be 640px wide, and 2880px tall. you'll need a bit of extra room, so you could make it 900x3200, then when you're done just crop away the rest of the blank space. just a matter of multiplying and then adding a little bit in each direction. i think that's what you're asking...