MTV's "Spoiled" Sixteen

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wrxguy, Aug 22, 2005.

1. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

Has anybody caught this disgrace of a show??? i turned on the tv today and saw this show for the first time and i was disgusted...I can only imagine what Dumb ass mtv executive thought up the idea "Lets get the most spoiled kids on the entire earth, and put them on tv to doccument how spoiled and bitchy they are as they throw parties for their 15 and 16th birthdays" These parties cost in upwards of $100,000!!!! i even saw one that cost $450,000!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!? that could buy a house!!! and to make things worse these little bitchy girls are crying because, daddy dressed up like elvis, or there was a (GOD FORBID) a FRESHMEN at her party of over 1000 people!!! OH MY GOD...POOR POOR KIDS....
    MTV is a sick company and all these kids need to be taken down a peg and beaten severly...
    am i the only one that havin this kind of **** on tv bothers??!?!??! It literaly makes me sick...

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I did actually catch one months ago, and was disgusted. Some little bitch went in to one at her dad because he said he wasn't going to buy her a brand spankin new Range Rover for her 16th (on top of some stupidly expensive party) :mad: ...but then he did later on anyway. *gives him and her a virtual punch in the face*.

3. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I personally sort of like watching how bitchy/spoiled some of the kids get (cheep entertainment on my part) . Its interesting to watch but I do agree that 450,000 for a 16 yearolds party is little overboard.

I feel bad for some of the parents they have completely last control of the kids and the only way they can now make them happy is giving them things.

BTW... Did you first episode of the new season :eek: ! If i was to ever talk to my mom that way I think I would get thrown out of my house. What a little bitch shes going to have some major issues when she grows up.

4. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Fortunately I don't get MTV, but if it makes you feel any better, I bet these kids will severely messed up when they get older and they actually have to work (granted their parents don't give them a free ride).

5. doucy2 macrumors 65816

doucy2

wow my 16th b-day is in 4 day i wish i got a party like that
    all i get to do is go to my local h/s football game and watch our team get destroyed by the state champs
    ohh well at least i get to paint my chest
    lol wow i really got off topic

6. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

This is why i say "Tax the living hell out of the rich". Well, it isn't that simple but anyways. :rolleyes:

Yeah i don't have cable now (too much money for nothing), but whenever i go over to a friends place that has cable i am always shocked at how much i am not missing. Now, if MTV went back to their title, Music Television, then i would watch them (provided i had cable). Now it is just mass, 24/7 advertising for teeny-boppers. The bad thing is some kids, and their parents, actually buy into it. Jeez!

7. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Just a little off topic

Yeah my 16th b-day was 3 weeks ago. I thought a good time was going out to dinner with 6 of my friends/ driving around going where we wanted to.

8. doucy2 macrumors 65816

doucy2

i agree tax em and tax em hard

so teens actually have to work for their money (like me) and not have it always given to them

so true cable is such a waste of time (except for sportscenter, you cant live w/o that) lol

9. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

i've seen the show, have to admit, have watched it the whole way through... it's a bit like watching a car crash, you can't turn away...

i think it's a terribly sad commentary on the parenting...

10. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

You know what else she got? She, her mom, her friend, and her friend's mom were flown to Paris, France so that she could go boutique shopping for a birthday gown. She threw a hissy fit when she discovered that a lot of stores were closed on Sundays. Oh, did I forget to mention she had a costume change, and she was carried in on a reclining thingie by several hired, buff, topless men? :eek: I agree w/ runninmac, I can't help but to watch... :eek: Sure a part of me wishes that I could live as luxuriously (minus the spoiled hissy fits).

11. wrxguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

Everything i own from my car to my comp I have bought with my hard earned cash....and I am DAMN proud of it...
    as far as taxing the rich that wont happen as long as we are under Bush's thumb, why would he tax the rich when he IS one of the rich!!! That is what happens when you own one of the biggest oil plots in the US and you control the oil prices ;) ANYWAY the rich get richer and the poor get poorer and the rich can fly there spoiled daughters to paris to buy a dress she will wear once, and can afford to buy then $60,000 cars for a birthday....Its a joke, MTV is a joke...

12. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

That's the one! *Gives her another slap and her dad a kick in the balls just for good measure.

Very irritating. Oh well...

13. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I can't watch a show like that. I've done quite well for myself, but my parents never gave me a car or anything else expensive when I was growing up... the most expensive gift I ever got was an IBM PC XT for high school graduation. My dad bought a USED car for me to use when I went to college, but when I got a job and went to buy a new car, I had to give the old car to my little sister. Everything I have, I *earned*. What my parents gave me that has more value than any car, any expensive clothes, or any other item that can be purchased with money is a good upbringing, and a respect for earning things for yourself. Show me a kid driving his daddy's Porsche and a kid driving a Ford Focus that he paid for himself through summer jobs, and I'll choose the Focus kid anytime.

14. ----Bowie---- macrumors regular

This is why I stopped watching TV! I haven't seen that show but it sounds like hell! What has the world come to???

Someday those kids are going to have to face the real world, and it wont be easy for them.

If I ever have kids somewhere down the road and they start acting like this, I would take away all their possessions, leaving them with nothing but a mattress on the floor and tell them to get a job! Not buy them a f***ing Land Rover!!!

15. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Thats a pretty nice house you got there. I love that show, its so disgusting its funny.

16. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Eh, in this part of CA, you couldn't get a shack for $300,000. :eek: A habitable house is at least $600,000.

17. mkubal macrumors 6502a

I was wondering how many posts it would take for someone to blame this on Bush. 11, not a record, but fairly quick. There were rich people before GWB, there will be rich people after GWB. There were spoiled brats before GWB and there will be spoiled brats after GWB. There were terrible parents before GWB and there will be terrible parents after GWB. There are spoiled children in other countries as well.

These spoiled kids and crappy parents are certainly at the top of my list for punches in the face, but Jesus Christ this has nothing to do with oil!

18. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Coming from Boston I completely understand you, but 450 is still way above average across the US.

19. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Whirling OT now...

I'd bet that is true... My cousin and her husband couldn't afford to live here anymore, so they moved to Dallas, Texas (lucky for them, his family lives there so there's still friendly faces around). They constructed, from scratch, and bought the land for their own dream home for well under $300,000!!! :eek: The figure seems shocking coming from this area. *shakes head*

20. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

i remember a 1 bedroom house in East Palo Alto selling for over 300k, prices out here are outrageous..

Lots of spoiled brats up in Los Altos though, its amusing sometimes to watch them. I was at Target in Cupertino one day and this one girl was just yelling at her mom because she wouldnt buy her the newest season of "the OC", of course i later saw her buying it for her at the register....

Ed

21. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Haha, that is pretty bad, but seems practically harmless when compared to that "Sixteen" girl getting the exact Rover she wanted! :rolleyes: OT, which Target? I'm not too fond of the one on Stvns. Crk... much prefer the one by WestGate. *gasp* Does that qualify me as a spoiled person? :p

22. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

I saw the episode with this spoiled brat (see attached photo).

She was such a "female dog". Holy crap... i dunno why anyone would want to go to that party.

By the looks of it all the party would be about is eating.

...and for my 16th i had dinner with my friends and family. It was very fun.

Attached Files:

23. iGav macrumors G3

What the hell are you guys doing watching MTV in the first place??? :eek: *shakes head* :p

24. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Heard of it, watched it, changed the channel. However, I still have an underling fascination to watch those bratty, snobby kids once and a while for fun. I think that the first show I watched was the one with the teen girl, Range Rover, and trip to Paris.

25. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I usually go to the one by Westgate too, usually after spending god aweful amounts of time and money at Mitsuwa, i usually shop by pictures there since the only person that can read the product labels is my wife. We also go to that spiffy outdoor mall near Valley Fair, which i guess could make us spoiled too :p

Ed