Much better than last year!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacDawg, Dec 7, 2005.

1. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Hey everybody, just wanted to let you know that my Christmas this year will be much better than last year! :)

Last year, on Dec. 8th I lost my job and had to go down, down, down the ladder to the very beginning. (Won't bore you with the details, but plenty of threads about my experience) After 6 months, I made it back to "approximately" my old position in June.

Yesterday, Dec. 6th I was notified that my job bid for a Manager's position was successful. So now I am getting my second promotion this year. I feel like I've gone from the bottom to the top full circle in 1 year now. (Stilll working for a bankrupt airline, but hey, I'm better off than last year!)

To all who are struggling this year, hang in there, your fortunes can turn!

Are you better or worse off than last year??

Woof, Woof – Dawg [​IMG]

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Congrats Dawg. :)

I am both. Had some surgery which fixed some things but which has left some unfortunate side-effects, residual pain, med probs and the need to have more surgery within the next few weeks to correct some other bits... so a bit up and down really.

*sigh*

It's gonna be a quiet restful Xmas this year. Not much bungee-jumping.

3. applegirl macrumors regular

applegirl

Congratulations MacDawg!!!!

I feel like this Christmas will definitely be better than the last...

Last year I was going through a nasty breakup, found out I didn't get into the law schools I wanted to get into, had no job, and had a full semester of advanced Latin left to take.

I'm not sure exactly how I've progressed over a year, but I have a job now and I graduated from college; and I'm giving the law/grad school thing a second chance. Meh, at least I have goals now, I guess. :D

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

it's great to hear things are up MacDawg, if anyone deserved a better year it was you. :)

As for myself, well, it's been mad as usual. There were ups and downs but being a Leo and very extroverted, I only remember the good bits (thankfully). :)

5. mpw Guest

I've got twice the number of Mac's this year as last.:)
    My financial debts has increased.:(
    There is light at the end of that tunnel - thanks Dad.:)
    I failed the exams I was taking for work.:(
    I care less about passing the exams.:)
    My wife had two miscarriages in the last year.:(
    Our third baby's due in March and all's well thus far.:)
    I've put on weight.:mad:
    But my back injury's much better so I'll be rowing and cycling again in the new year.:)
    Half my family have moved around the world in the last year(was it something I did)
    My sister learnt to use iChat and they're all coming home for the month of July next year and we're planning on renting a farmhouse in France for a couple of weeks drinking wine.:)

6. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I had surgery recently too, to repair an ice hockey injury that was causing me quite a bit of pain (but funny enough, not when playing hockey). It worked out pretty well other than missing 3 weeks of work not being able to walk around.

So physically, I'm as close to being back in one piece for the first time in a long time. Financially, I've been getting caught up very quickly, which I need to do to facilitate my becoming a refugee in the near future.

Oh yeah: the NHL's back, but the Penguins still stink. So it's a mixed blessing.

7. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

This Christmas sucks for me compared to last Christmas. It's tough being self-employed while going to college... I have almost no money, so I can't get as good Xmas gifts as I did last year :(. But thankfully the family's understanding and doesn't care :)

8. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Great to hear the good news, Dawg.

Ours will be pretty much the same, though we've lost one member of the family circle through divorce. The most important thing for us during the holidays is enjoying the family.

9. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Good news to hear. I remember your story fairly well. I to will be having a pretty good holiday. There is no way in heck I would ever want to relieve my Christmas Holiday's of 2000 and 2001. Very sad year for my father and I.

Well anyway, have a great time.

10. dali macrumors member

I think better

I am studying in Denmark at this moment and in February I will go to London for 6 months. The only time that I am home in between will be with christmas. So extra special, I am planning to spend the most time with my boyfriend and friends of course. I wish I could stay home :(

11. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Congrats MacDawg. See? I told you things would turn around. ;)
    Hmm as for the topic... interesting question.

(-) Very low on $ so the gifts I give won't be stellar
    (-) Getting a bit old to not have a 'plan' :eek:
    (-) Boyfriend pressuring me to move out w/ him

(+) Boyfriend pressuring me to move out w/ him

12. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    meh, it's christmas.

However, I don't have to spend it at my girlfriend's mothers house like last year because she moved far, far away. Only problem is her sister, fiance', and daughter are coming to our apartment on Christmas day. I hate a ton of people in my small ass apartment. GAH!

13. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

Thats really nice to hear, i really like when people always look on the positive side. I hope you have a nice holiday and enjoy your time with your familys and friends.