Multi-colered Apple logo

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by laserbeahm, Dec 1, 2004.

1. laserbeahm macrumors member

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that it would be awesome if Apple would use their old multi-colored logo on the box of the color iPod? I think it would be very clever.

2. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

the reason apple switched to the 1 colour more minimal logo is simple, it gives a stronger brand identity that works on more mediums because the logo can now be placed on any background and still stand out. The trouble with the multi coloured logo is that it only looked strong on a certain number of colours, other times it just gets lost. Its a nice idea but now they have "switched" to the new one i doubt they will ever go back to the multi.

Ideally logo's should work in 2 colours, white and black. Any more and they've failed.

3. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

I like the idea, I miss the old logo. But, Apple needs to look to the future not the past. I dont think we will look at another Multi-colored logo on anything new from Apple.

4. kylos macrumors 6502a

kylos

Apple won't go back to the colored label; they got tired of everybody calling them gay. :D

-
    (This is a joke, not an insult)

5. laserbeahm thread starter macrumors member

I realize that they are trying to look toward the future, but I don't think it would hurt to just put it on one product. Companies that go back to retro designs often prosper. For example, look at Jack in the Box. They were not doing so hot, and then they brought back the clown head. Even though jokes were once made about ordering into a clown's head, people now embrace the idea.

I don't think that Apple should use the retro logo on all products. I just think that it would be clever on the color iPod because it was something that was in black in white for the longest time, and now is in color. I think that Apple, like Jack in the Box with the clown's head or Ford with the retro Mustang, could succeed by placing the color logo on the ipod color box.

6. laserbeahm thread starter macrumors member

You do have a point. I got made fun of plenty of times for using apples in middle and high school because of the logo. Especiially by the guys who used to like to have LAN parties all the time.

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

The multi-colored logo is now just part of our nostalgic history of Apple. Happy that I still have some of them, a real keep sake. Maybe someday they will be worth something.

8. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

I have a handfull of old multi-colored stickers too, which I'm hoarding now. I wish they'd use the old logo too, but it ain't a gonna happen.

I'm still pissed that they killed the happy Mac logo from OS Xs start up .... :( :mad:

9. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Me, too!

How dare they... letting you know that everything was so nice and dandy inside your mac...

The "bomb" startup was the real kicker, though. :rolleyes:
    System 6 I think, I just used a floppy from it to start up a Mac Classic, and got that because I formatted a 1.44MB floppy as 800KB. Oops.

The sad mac, the flashing floppy, sigh. Now you can't start up a Mac with a floppy anymore!

10. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I thought it was just a very homophobic move. No I'm kidding, that whole black/white/gray/silver/gunmetal/understated thing is really in. I think the old Apple would look silly on the new iPod box.

11. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

I think if anything, apple is going to start using the Aqua logos more. They look great on white boxes..

Does anyone else feel Apple sometimes uses a bit too much grey? I know it's a cool modern colour, but too much can be bland, eh?

/asif

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It seems that they are trying to follow though with the titanium look of the PowerBook and Power Mac G5.

I also miss the smiling Mac. Maybe there is a chance that they will bring it back.

13. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

If you're really hankering for the colour apple logo, check out this guy who modded his powerbook to get the old school effect: link.

Been posted before, I know, but just thought it fitted in with the thread. :)

14. Chubypig macrumors 6502

I liked the old logo too. Is there a way to change the blue apple menu apple to a multi colored one? That would be cool.

15. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I think there is a way to change the Apple logo, go to version tracker and search I think there is a way to do it.