Multi Part .dmg File Connector Utility Needed! Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zombiphonic, Mar 28, 2007.

1. zombiphonic macrumors newbie

Mar 28, 2007

My friend has a macbook pro, i have a pc. I've downloaded some programs that are split into multipart .dmg files, like program.dmg.01 through program.dmg.12.

I have windows xp, and would like to know if there is a utility i can use on xp that will take those multipart dmg files and put them as a single dmg file.

also, some classical mp3s i need to put in one zip files, like mozart.mp3.zip01 ~ mozart.mp3.zip02.

I would really like some advice from you mac users, i know you guys know your stuff, and obviously i do not, and my friend is not a power user, so he's clueless too, and he's in another state, or i'd just use his apple to run some mac apps that could do it.

Thanks People! :D
  2. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Aug 17, 2004
    Communard de Londres
    Split and Concat is the OSX utility.001 joiner should do the same on windows,just Google 001 joiner or even just Joiner,most are shareware or freeware.
  3. zombiphonic thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 28, 2007
    thanks, i'll try that, most excellent for your help! :D

I'm google-ing right.....NOW:D
  4. zombiphonic thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 28, 2007
    your help saved me much time and stress!

i downloaded that program, it was acting weird, wanted to put ocx files on my system, even after i hunted down the two ocx files (active x controls) and put them on my machine, it still acted a bit froggy.

what DID work really well was 7-Zip (freeware as well) and HJSplit (freeware as well) incase you ever need one, or want to refer other newbs like me. i usually only deal in .rar 001 files, which winrar takes care of but dmg it wouldn't recognize. Thanks a million! :cool: