Multi Touch Features

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rhema, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Rhema macrumors member

so...apple kept saying how they invented (and patented) a great new multi-touch technology on their phone, but, what features on the phone acutally use this?

As far as I could tell, only the photo viewer uses it when zooming in and out. Is this correct?

2. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It might interest you to note that the iPhone is still in development. This means that any statement about the limitations of MultiTouch are WAGs.

4. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

I believe every application uses Multitouch; the keyboard, for example, uses Multitouch.

I'm not buying an iPhone - but I really, really can't wait to try out Multitouch in an Apple store!!!

5. chatster18 macrumors regular

I totally agree! I wont buy it till atleast v2, but ill see it in the apple store when it comes out!!:D

6. Rhema thread starter macrumors member

you know, this brings up another interesting point that i've been thinking about

two people now, and myself and a friend of mine all are saying that we will wait until version 2 of the iPhone, if to many people are thinking this way, the iPhone might not do as well, and if it does't do good, there might not be a version 2.

I've thought that mabye I should buy one to support apple.

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

i will just correct you a little bit:

Apple invented "putting multi touch tech in their phone", the tech itself was there decades ago.

8. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Multi-touch was there decades ago? Where?

9. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

10. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Nah don't like that dude :D

Thanks for the link. Goes to show that technology sometimes needs a long time to go mainstream.

11. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

totally:D

12. buymeaniphone macrumors 6502

buymeaniphone

Even if you and your friends are going to wait til the Second version I'm sure theres still plenty of people that will buy it when its released. I probably wont have the money til the second version comes out, but if I did I'd buy version 1, just imagine, 10 years from now when the iphone will be a holographic image being cast out of a wrist watch, that Version 1 will be quite a collectors item.:)

I'm sure multi touch will play a big part in the games that could be offered for the iPhone.

13. chatster18 macrumors regular

I agree, and I am sure that they will use the internal accelerometers to have an awsome set of games...