Multiplayer Game Modes

Discussion in 'Games' started by thechris69, Apr 23, 2006.

1. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

Every decent online first person shooter usually offers a gaming mode that is unique to the game. Far Cry has predator mode etc etc, so this thread is about giving ideas about your own multiplayer modes you have thought of in the past and would like to ever see in a game. Heres mine:

1. Good for any military game
    2. One commander is randomly chosen before each round, and theres a 2 minute period for how the commander is going to order his team.
    3. So in the 2 minute period, the commander gives each player a firing class. I.e, grenadier,sniper, medic etc...
    4. The commander then selects a spot on a map were each player will be spawned, fairly of course, not in enemy territory, and he puts as many people as he wants in a certain area.
    5. The point of this is so the game doesnt get repetive and offers different ways of conquering an objective, a new commander would be assigned each round, and good ones will be chosen more often then ones that get the whole team dead in the first minute.

So thats my online gaming mode, I would love to see yours, any suggestions would be great

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

First Person Shooter 'ghost' capture the flag. Ok so it's only possible on Halo. But The best multiplayer game I've had was a 4v4 capture the flag, everyone invisible with sniper rifles on Sidewinder.
    Theres a lot to be said about invisible characters. Like they become visible for some reason or another, all part of the strategy. Metroid Hunters Imperialist guy (forgotten name) is a good example too.