Multiplayer spearhead cheats

Discussion in 'Games' started by enterthelight, Dec 31, 2003.

1. enterthelight macrumors newbie

Does anyone know of any good cheats that will work on the mac as a site i use they use mods.
    Does the normal MOHAA sites that have mods work on the mac as well.:(

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Re: Multiplayer spearhead cheats

If I understand your question, some if not most of the server-side mods seem to work fine with the Mac as a client. Most of what I've seen are additions to the standard maps and weapons mods. I haven't tried any of the custom maps, though.

As for cheats, I can only say that I find it frustrating that so many people cheat at MOHAA. Frustrating enough that I rarely play deathmatch anymore.

3. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Re: Re: Multiplayer spearhead cheats

I've noticed myself that an amazing amount of people cheat with the Spearhead demo...

...It's almost getting to be worse of a problem than it was with the original Diablo.

4. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

The only cheat that I'm aware of are the idiots that land shark. Any others?

5. enterthelight thread starter macrumors newbie

The map i play is Malta and there two guys that sit in the tower and have kills of 150 and deaths of low twentys.
    One of them suffered four kills to me, until he left the game to find me and then returned to his tower to pick me off.
    I dont use any mods or cheats but when one of the players asked if recon could be used, Holt in the tower said to do that he would have to disable the mods of which he was not going to do.

Through the allies scope i sometimes just get a slight movement just enough to get a kill.
    Its like fishing, you wait ages for one to come along and when it does you hook it.
    These guys seem to be able to shoot over a great distance greater than the scope allows.
    When i play this map on my mac and scope across the river to the other side it appears to be slightly misty, so unless someone is on the wall i cant see them.
    I went into the options for the screen on the video options and it said you should have 16 bars showing and i have only 14 and a half and below i have two sections blanked out on the left and grey in the right one.
    I think i need to adjust something but not sure what.
    I would like to use a scope that will cut out some of the mist without having to cheat outright.
    Holt has a scope that seems to do this and it appears to me that he might even clip

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Land-sharking takes advantage of a flaw on the "destroyed village" map (I've never been able to find it!). There appear to be quite a few others, yes. Hardly anyone will ever admit to them but I know many players use aimbots. If you've ever wondered why some people seem to never miss, they're probably using one of these. AFAIK, they are not detectable by anti-cheat software on the servers.

Of course the other way to get really good at this game is to play it addictively (eg, not have a life), on hardware that pulls down a huge frame-rate.

7. enterthelight thread starter macrumors newbie

How do aimbots work and how do i go about getting one.

The server in question is 68.102.159.6:12203

Holt is in a clan and a mate of his seems to be just as good.
    I swapped sides and watched the pair of them in the tower, Holt was shooting through the wall and when i am on the other side you only see a sort of image and not a person.
    It would be good to take them out at thier own game.