1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Multiple audio AppleTV iTunes

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Diveflo, Oct 24, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

So...I officially give up.

I have a lot of avis with mutiple audio which I converted to .mp4 so I could add them to my iTunes library and watch them on my Mac, my PC and my AppleTV.
    So I added the mp4s to iTunes and tried them on my AppleTV. In the ATV settings I chose my prefered language and it worked. Perfect.
    So I went upstairs again, opend iTunes and it played both soundtracks at once (what the **** are you thinking Apple???!) so I googled and found a "trick". Open Movie Properties, disable one track and save as a reference movie.
    So I added the .mov to iTunes and thought: yeah it works. There is a speech bubble in iTunes where I can select the track it plays. One question right here: why doesn't this work with the normal mp4?!
    So I was happy. Everything worked out. 3 Seconds later: A popup told me that my AppleTV can't play this video file.
    I can't take it anymore. Is there a solution for this? Am I the only person on this damn planet you wants two languages in a movie and watch them in iTunes and on the ATV?