Multiple Blank CDs in Finder?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ~Shard~, May 27, 2004.

1. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

When I insert a blank CD to burn, it appears in Finder – alright, no problems there. However, when I then go and load up Toast, it scans the CD drive again, resulting in a second CD appearing in Finder. Then, once I burn the CD, one of the CDs in Finder gets updated to reflect the newly burned disc, however the other blank CD is still there. If I then go and burn another disc right afterwards, the same thing happens, and as a result, sometimes after burning a few CDs my desktop and Finder are littered with 10 blank CD icons! Furthermore, the only way I can remove them is to click on every single one of them and hit “eject”, which I find a little annoying and unnecessary.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Is there a way to fix it? It’s not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I thought I might as well ask the question since it is a bit of a nuisance.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Try this: go into the CDs/DVDs pane of System Preferences, and choose "Ignore" from the list for when I insert a blank CD. That should stop Finder from recognizing it.

3. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

ditto: thats what I have done.

4. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

Cool, thanks guys, I appreciate it! I knew it would be something simple... :cool: