Multiple Computers on Same account?

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by dotdotdot, Jun 14, 2005.

1. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

SO I have two computers I want to set up folding with but I already have my main computer set up for folding with account "dotdotdot," so if I set up the other computers and typed in dotdotdot as the username, would the points go to my account?

Thanks.

2. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

Wow, I come on to ask the same thing basically, and here it is right now! Will it work the same with Seti@home? I have a powerbook crunching numbers for seti and I'm getting a 233mhz Powermac for free so that will be set up for number crunching (for now) also.

3. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

What computer are you adding?
    Oh and WELCOME TO THE TEAM, just dont quit on us!!!

4. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

I added the my username as "DeSnousa@gmail.com", without out thinking. Must i put this name in from now on or can i quite simply put in "DeSnousa" next time.

Thanks

5. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

If you change it is will start you over at 0 points.

6. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Edit: i decided to change my username, and it automatically uses my email address. :)

7. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

Currently I'm #330 on the MR team #3446 and have only been folding for a year with my G3 chugging away 24/7. A week ago I added my G4 at work and last week my boss bought a new DELL for my PC workstation and I'm going to add that one also. And (but not the last) I'm going to add another G3 I use as a file storage device, as soon as it goes to OS X. So all in all I'll have 3 Macs and a PC doing my folding, so I hope to see myself keep rising in the standings.

PS. I'm a Moderator on the "Prepressforums.com" site and have had my signature with the "Folding@Home" tag on it for a while. I finally got pissed at the lack of response and said so in one of the Threads. I got hammered with replies and a few (don't know how many) even downloaded the software and have started Folding in the last couple of days :D

8. iZach macrumors 6502

may i PLEASE ask what folding is? i have no idea and i hear (see) it a lot
    lol
    thanks

9. dotdotdot thread starter macrumors 68020

I've been on the Folding@Home macrumors team for over a month or two, just added a new computer, my sisters.

10. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

iZach, here's the Stanford Folding home page
    http://folding.stanford.edu/ ;)

11. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

For asking this question, you are entitled to fold with us for Team MacRumors and do at least 100 WorkUnits!

12. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

In my last post of June 15 2005 I stated I was #330. Now on July 11 2005 I'm at #259. I love this.

Just a heads up, I got involved with folding after sruviving colon cancer in 2002 then in 2004 I lost my gallbladder (it burst) and now 2 weeks ago I was informed the cancer has now returned to my liver :(

I'm scheduled to go inot surgery on July 28 and will be loosing at least 75% of my liver (if it's healthy enough to survive) I will be back ;) ;)

FOLDING@HOME is a good thing, and I feel with our continued help and crunching the answers to more than just protein folding can be accomplished and the cures for diseases other than those listed on the home page:
    will be found.
    :) :) :) :)

13. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Hope all goes well. :)

There's a high risk of cancer in parts of my family, and my aunt died from it some years ago. It's really in my best interest to help with these types of projects. :)

14. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Thanks for posting this I was just about to ask thank god for the search feature :p . Well my brother just left his computer on and hes gone for the weekend... ill be right back :D