Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xensaenigma

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2013
Installed ios 7 on my ipad3 and iPhone 4. Hated it. Safari was horrible, text too tiny & dont like not having the buttons. New music app is horrendous, smaller album art? Wtf happened to full scream gorgeous album covers? And it has a white background to blind you as you drive, oh and you can't shuffle genres . And was way too slow on iPhone 4. Rolled back to 6 on both devices

You can change the system wide font. I'm not sure what you mean about the buttons, though. As for the music app, I like it better and it's better integrated for when the phone is locked. It's a matter of preference, I suppose.

scottwaugh

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Chicago
It's nothing short of amazing that Apple was able to push 750+ MB of data down to roughly one-third of their installed, active iOS user base in 24 hours. I was frustrated with the multiple failed download attempts yesterday; but considering how much data it appears that they were pushing out, it's amazing that the servers held up as well as they did.

I feel the same way - its really astounding. They need to figure out a better way to deliver it though for next year...

And as an FYI the images are all 1.2 GB or bigger in size, there are sites with direct links to them on the Apple servers (where I got mine, nice and fast) and could see the size:

http://www.redmondpie.com/download-ios-7-final-ipsw-for-iphone-5-4s-4-ipad-and-ipod-touch-direct-links/

StyxMaker

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2010
Inside my head.
I will resist iOS7 with every last breath until they will finally fix those fugly childish icons.
I cannot believe that they cannot find anyone to design the icons so that they do not look as fugly as they are now. This is outrageous.
It does not matter if the functionality improves to whatever level. The look is wrong makes me disgusted to even look at them.

What is the obsession with icons? I have way more interesting things in my life to concern myself with than how the icons on my phone look.

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
What is the obsession with icons? I have way more interesting things in my life to concern myself with than how the icons on my phone look.

Because they are fugly. And i have to deal with those every time I look at the phone.

I do not believe it is that hard to understand that there are other people different from you.

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
Welcome to the internet.

Yeah, I know it is somewhat the nature of the beast, but I used to feel like there was some value in reading the posts of other people here. Often they would have insights that I hadn't thought of or a different perspective, but now I'm lost in a sea of "Apple is doomed."

And you would think that people would learn from the past. If Apple had a dime for every time someone someone predicted their failure... oh wait.

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
Enjoy your outdated iOS 6 :D

thats fine for me, id rather have my ipad 3 on outdated os rather than a laggy os. I learnt my lesson after updating my iPhone 3g to ios4

----------

Not sure why either of you are on a Mac forums site if this is your view of the Mac Rumours members?

Are you trolls?

think they just want everyone on here to bow down to the apple gods no matter what

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
Not sure why either of you are on a Mac forums site if this is your view of the Mac Rumours members?

Are you trolls?

It's our view because it hasn't always been this way. Certainly since you have been here since 2006, you must have seen the steady decline in the quality of the posts here. People used to complain about all the "fanboism" (I have even typing that term). But this is a "fan" site. However, you would never know it by the number of people who criticize every move Apple makes.

I don't know how Apple got to be the most valuable company/brand in the world when so many here can tell you how the company should have been run.

The iPhone 5c and 5S are going to be spectacular successes, because despite what people here think, Tim and company know exactly what they are doing.

kobalap

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2009
Rushed, aka no attention to detail. Usually, it's not like apple to miss simple things, like centering a tab...

Yes, I've personally been counting pixels on every screen. Tons of people will downgrade when they see that!

Assuming that even 1 in 10K notice it.

1 in 10000? I bet there are only like 7 people in the world who would notice that without someone pointing it out. And only 2 of those people would care. And only 1 has nothing better to do in life than to characterize that as equating to "no attention to detail"

Popinbottles

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if a large number of those people would revert back to iOS 6. iOS 7 feels rushed, it's great in some ways, but horrible in other ways.

Edit: Some people don't agree with my comment. I'll make a thread about the flaws in iOS 7's design some day - just for you!

While you're at it make a thread listing all the flaws of IOS 4,5 and 6.:rolleyes:

You can't please everyone all the time.

xensaenigma

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2013
I wouldn't be so sure about that, the iPad 3 isn't that much more powerful than the iPad 2 , yet it needs a lot more processing power to drive the retina display. In an extreme scenario I could easily imagine that it performs worse than the iPad 2 :eek: But let's hear those who have real experiences.

It's fine on my 3. The only thing that is slow for some reason is changing the wallpaper in settings. Everything else seems to be just as smooth as 6.

VaeVictis

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
VaeVictis

I haven't noticed anything. As weird as it sounds, it feels like my phone's battery has improved day by day. Almost as if iOS 7 has built in battery management, that adapts to your usage and location patterns. Try doing a clean restore.

I am noticing the same thing, also I do not understand fully but my iPhone was kinda slow in the first hour of using the phone.

I did the restore and update and then restore from backup.

Now a few hours later the phone is performing faster and its not slow anymore.

The phone I am using is iPhone 4.

Ps: I still hate the Safari icon!

Otterblue

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
Canada
After a week of using iOS 7, I've just downgraded to 6.1.4 (fortunately Apple still signs it, I thought I was already out of time).
I like a lot of things about iOS 7, I really do... but somehow, I don't know why, something's missing... the pleasent, cozy, relaxing feel that I always loved about Apple products. I really miss this feeling, and now that I downgraded, it felt like entering my old beloved home. I'm not saying that I am going to stick with it forever. But right now I might hold off for at least another few iOS 7 updates, to see if anything changes.

My thoughts exactly! However, since I'm going to have to update to iOS 7 sooner or later I figured I might as well start getting used to it now...

Springman

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2013
Battery Life

I've been on iOS 7 GM since last week and the battery life does seem to improve with time. I haven't used my phone heavily today, but after 9 hours, I still have 74% power while at the office on Wi-Fi. In a similar usage day on iOS 6 I would be around 50-60%. Pretty good in my book.

iOS 7 is pretty smooth on my iPad mini but still experiencing some latency on my iPad 3 and the battery seems to be draining faster than normal. I'll see how it does over the next week to see if battery life does indeed improve over time.

Updated my wife's iPhone 5 last night and have had to reboot twice due to the SIM card not being recognized. Anyone else having that problem??

Last edited:

Perfect Score

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2013
Toronto Canada
Is there really any point to complaining about iOS7 though? At the latest, we'll all be (forced) on it within a couple of months. Regardless of individual desires.

Developers will stop making apps for iOS6, the 5 series (legacy 5/s/c) will become the majority and there will be no updates for iOS6.

The only difference is when to make the jump.

Springman

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2013
My thoughts exactly! However, since I'm going to have to update to iOS 7 sooner or later I figured I might as well start getting used to it now...

I am an Apple fan but the old interface was getting a little long in the tooth - necessary to get folks to adopt the technology early on, but the refresh was long overdue. Loving iOS 7 - but it does take some getting used to.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
i get better battery too
apple said that on ios 7 they ping the network a lot less which is the reason for it

StyxMaker

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2010
Inside my head.
1 in 10000? I bet there are only like 7 people in the world who would notice that without someone pointing it out. And only 2 of those people would care. And only 1 has nothing better to do in life than to characterize that as equating to "no attention to detail"

I was being generous, and I was raised with a grandfather who could look at a drawer 12 feet away and ask, "Why is the knob on that drawer not centered?" Careful measuring showed it to be 1/16 of an inch to the left of center.

spicynujac

macrumors regular
May 24, 2012
Those charts are crap. According to the last chart, ios6 has 14.8% of iOS web traffic, and ios7 has 18.2%. Which implies that 67% of iOS users are on iOS5 or below!

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
I will resist iOS7 with every last breath until they will finally fix those fugly childish icons.
I cannot believe that they cannot find anyone to design the icons so that they do not look as fugly as they are now. This is outrageous.
It does not matter if the functionality improves to whatever level. The look is wrong makes me disgusted to even look at them.

The best thing you could do is upgrade now and wait for a jailbreak to change the icons. I got rid of my jailbreak to get IOS7 and I'm really not missing it all that much apart from a few tweaks.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
Those charts are crap. According to the last chart, ios6 has 14.8% of iOS web traffic, and ios7 has 18.2%. Which implies that 67% of iOS users are on iOS5 or below!

Or... you simply misread the chart. :)

The chart shows the adoption of each OS in the first 24 hours of its release.

topper24hours

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2012
I wouldn't be so sure about that, the iPad 3 isn't that much more powerful than the iPad 2 , yet it needs a lot more processing power to drive the retina display. In an extreme scenario I could easily imagine that it performs worse than the iPad 2 :eek: But let's hear those who have real experiences.

The 3rd gen iPad isn't that much more powerful than iPad 2?????!

Umm, yes it is. Double cpu & quad gpu. That's a magnitude more powerful...

----------

Started to smile @ you having a dig at the ridiculous whiners.... got briefly confused whether actually serious... read the "I don't care how useful, only how it looks"... realized you MUST be having a go... didn't see the /s tag.... slightly confused again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.