MULTIPLE DESKTOP DISC ICONS??

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mikebatho, Feb 13, 2005.

1. mikebatho macrumors 6502a

Just bought a G5, and there's a strange thing happening with blank discs.

When I put in a blank to burn a cd say in Itunes, I get 2 UNTITLED CD icons on the desktop. When I've burned the disc, eg ROCK, one of the icons changes accordingly, and the other stays UNTITLED CD, even after I've ejected the burned disc, the phantom icon remains on the desktop.

The machine really does seem to think there's a disc there, as if you try & shut down while the rogue icon is still there, it asks what you want to do with the disc.

Anyone had this problem....?

(as we speak, I've just burned a disc and now have 3 disc icons on my desktop!) :mad: :confused: :( :eek:

2. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

This is a bug that has been around for awhile. I don't know why it hasn't been fixed. It also happens in Roxio.
    The problem is that when you insert a disk Finder asks you if you want to mount it. If you were burning from the finder this would be okay, just click mount.
    But iTunes sees the disk whether its mounted or not. So iTunes will make its own icon for it. If you are burning a music disk just click ignore when the Finder asks what to do with it. In other words, each app makes its own "copy".
    If you get a lot of icons on your desktop, just select them all and drang them to the trash (it will be a burn icon). When the prompt comes up select "eject". You have to select eject for each disk.

I'm hoping this will be resolved with Tiger. Sorry if I confused you.