multiple docks?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dbally, Aug 16, 2003.

1. dbally macrumors member

Jul 27, 2003
    Is it possible to have more than one dock? It'd be nice to have groups of similar programs just to keep things more organized. . . or maybe its just me :D
  2. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Feb 2, 2003
    Meadville, PA
  3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
  4. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

Jun 25, 2001
    Moneyapolis, Minnesota
    try out dockextender from codetek. it allows you to have a single icon to pop up a menu of anything you want. i use it for almost everything. it also allows you to have multiple docks and switch between them.
  5. 10shoes macrumors newbie

Dec 12, 2007
    multiple docks, one for each space

I currently use 3 spaces on my mac, I would like to have each space have its own dock, so if I use one space for communication, I can have all the IMs and mail and address on one dock, then all the video and audio editing on another dock, you get the point, it would make space a lot more useful too.
  6. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

Apr 17, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Would be pretty cool being able to customize multiple docks through different spaces. Right now I'm just configuring each space for their own work area but that already is taking a while for me, haha.
  7. lil'homunculus macrumors regular

Oct 30, 2007
    vancouver, bc
    i am using a separate screen with my MBP and have simply created a 'pseudo dock' on that screen using aliases for all the files and programs i want to access quickly. works brilliantly. Looks the same but no 'Genie' effect...:rolleyes: