Multiple Ear Phones For Ipad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by pd7333, May 5, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi - Ive just got an iPad 2. Myself, wife and daughter are going on holiday shortly and I was wondering if there is anything out there that would enable all 3 of us to have our own headphones and watch a film whilst on the plane?

So basically its a 3 way splitter Im after. im presuming I'll also need a booster or amp as well?

Any help greatly appreciated.

ps: I have googled and found 2 way splitters but still unsure if I'll need a booster/amp?

2. macrumors 6502

3. macrumors newbie

4. macrumors 6502

I just read the amazon reviews at the link provided and 3 of the 12 reviews mention that sound is compromised and a 4th says doesn't say sound is compromised but he does state that he uses it with an amp booster.

5. macrumors newbie

Considering I'll be watching the iPad on the plane with in ear phones, Im thinking teh sound would be ok (split 3 ways).

Ive ordered the Belkin, so will test and report back. Aeroplane noise could be a factor though? Oh well, for £7 odd it aint bad!

Thanks guys

6. macrumors 68020

Not sure but can you connect multiple Bluetooth headphones to a single iPad?

7. macrumors 68020

This is what I've experienced with non-amplified audio splitters. For audio to be distributed equally between multiple headsets, the headsets have to be similar in spec. You can't have a Bose Quiet Comfort sharing audio with Apple earbuds and expect the same audio output from both.