Multiple email accounts with Apple Email

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by acidity, Feb 21, 2007.

1. acidity macrumors regular

I have been using Thunderbird and I like it. Many people suggested me to give Mail a shot.

Now I have two email accounts - Gmail and my university mail. One is IMAP and POP. When I create them in Thunderbird, two different nodes in the treewindow comes up each for one account. So if I want to see Gmail emails, I go to that folder and I see only that.

But I couldnt find the same option in email (maybe I missed something). Both the accounts mail come in the same folder as Inbox. So if I want to just look at gmail email, it dosnt allow me.

Am I missing something?

PS: Mail search is 1000000% better then Thunderbird so if I can get different folders for different accounts, I am shifting to Mail right now.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

There should be a little triangle next to your Inbox in the mailbox pane. Clicking that should expose the individual inboxes for your accounts.

Edit: I actually prefer to have all of my mail in one inbox. I use rules to set the color of messages from different accounts, and Mail is intelligent enough to know which account to use when replying to a message.

3. acidity thread starter macrumors regular

Aah, thanks got it but to be very frank I would consider it a bad GUI. By default it should be exposed but then probably 90% of people use only one email account.

Maybe its just me or probably I am used to Thunderbird interface.