Multiple Entries on Apple TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by frankiepdx, Feb 20, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

Dec 28, 2007
    Portland OR
    I'm using the updated 5.1 surround version of Handbrake and I have started ripping my Star Wars collection. When I finally finish after my MetaX tagging I use the option+drag into iTunes and then when I check on the ATV there are 3 entries of the same title.

This process has worked flawlessly for all other movies before this Handbrake update. What could I be missing?

AAC + AC3 Codec
    bit rate 2000
    track 1 - 5.1
    track mix - Dolby Pro Logic II + AC3

Apple TV Preset with the changes above

Side question. Just noticed recently that I need to restart iTunes to update the list. I Didn't need to do that before either. What could I be missing there?
  2. macrumors 6502a

Sep 18, 2006
    Prestatyn, Wales, UK
    Count yourself lucky, I copied the AppleTV startup movie in to the library and ended up with 23 copies of it!!
  3. macrumors 68040

Jul 30, 2007
    This may have to do with the .m4v rather than the .mp4 extension. We'll wait for Dyna on this one.
  4. macrumors newbie

Feb 21, 2008
    I have the same issue after Take2 update, both with movies encoded with Handbrake 0.9.1 and 0.9.2. After some testing (restarting ITunes, unsynchronizing-sinchronizing the affected movies, ...) I "solve" it by unplugging the AppleTV. After restart there are not repeated entries in the movie list
  5. macrumors 68000

Jun 24, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    Its not just Handbreak files. I purchased the remastered Thriller album on my phone - it came with 4 video's that download once you sync your phone. I have 4 copies of Billy Jean showing up even though there are only two versions. I re-synched my library and it fixed it - but this has happened on a couple podcasts and music videos as well as Handbrake movies I have made (new and old version of HB).