Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hooneyrob

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
United Kingdom
The Find my Friends app looks interesting, the wife can track me down now.. So that's good.

We have an iPhone each so I've created a new Apple ID for her. I've signed the new ID in on the wife's iPhone on the Find my Friends App. Works well but I'm worried that even though I signed her in on just that app, the iPhone will take that ID for everything including music, photo's etc.. Anyone know?

Is there a way of combining multiple Apple ID's under one iCloud account?

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
The Find my Friends app looks interesting, the wife can track me down now.. So that's good.

We have an iPhone each so I've created a new Apple ID for her. I've signed the new ID in on the wife's iPhone on the Find my Friends App. Works well but I'm worried that even though I signed her in on just that app, the iPhone will take that ID for everything including music, photo's etc.. Anyone know?

Is there a way of combining multiple Apple ID's under one iCloud account?

Yes. The ID you used for FMF is also the ID you used to set up her iCloud right?

For store purchases, go into Settings>Store and logout of current ID and login with the shared AppleID for iTunes/App Stores. Thats it.

hooneyrob

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
United Kingdom
Yes. The ID you used for FMF is also the ID you used to set up her iCloud right?

For store purchases, go into Settings>Store and logout of current ID and login with the shared AppleID for iTunes/App Stores. Thats it.

Thanks, the FMF ID was a new AppleID I setup for her.. But iTunes etc is using the shared ID.... All should work ok?

mrhud

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2007
Thanks, the FMF ID was a new AppleID I setup for her.. But iTunes etc is using the shared ID.... All should work ok?

That solves one problem.

What about her access to the calendar and contacts in iCloud that are under my apple id?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.