multiple iTMS account headache

Discussion in 'iPod' started by QCassidy352, Jun 10, 2006.

1. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it.

I somehow have 2 iTMS accounts. I'd rather have just one because now I have to keep track of which computers are authorized for which accounts. Is there any way to delete an iTMS account? And if so, is there any way to move my music from the deleted account to the other account, so that it's under that account's log-in and password?

thanks! :)

2. zim macrumors 65816

zim

Down the bottom of the iTunes Music Store customer support page there are some options about changing account names and email... I wonder if you might be able to merge the two accounts.. worth sending them an email to find out: http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/musicstore/

3. iHeartTheApple macrumors 6502

iHeartTheApple

This is a great question! :D I currently have 3 accounts with a lot of purchased music between them...I would really like to know if an account merge/cancel is possible, as well. Perhaps we should contact the iTMS support people...

4. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

I think everyone would want a merge, not a cancelation ;)

The best thing is to contact iTMS and ask if they can merge your accounts :)

5. QCassidy352 thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

6. mannix87 macrumors 6502

I've read somewhere that a merging might not be possible yet because of the different agreements in place per iTMS and its own set of artists/songs. Each of your accounts represents revenue to the respective iTMS that you purchase your music from and hence, revenue to the artists/labels w/ agreements w/ that particular iTMS. If a simple merger was possible/allowed, then there should only be ONE iTMS regardless of geographical location

7. QCassidy352 thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

interesting point mannix87 but my 2 accounts are both on the US store so that shouldn't be an issue. Don't ask how i got two accounts cause I don't know...

8. QCassidy352 thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Followed by a bunch of boiler-plate advice about authorization and copying songs. Oh well... :(

9. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

Goddamn, that's ridiculous.

I'm getting married next year, yet by the looks of it this means we won't be able to share our iTMS collections in the same way that you can share ownership of everything else, CDs included.

Now this is an oddity that someone should look into, legally if necessary.

10. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

I have the same problem, and I really want to merge them, since I like everything to be uniform and organized.