Multiple mailboxes in mail.app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by millar876, Mar 26, 2007.

1. millar876 macrumors 6502a

millar876

I did a quick search of the forums and google but came up empty SO...

I have 4 mailboxes in mail.app, (1x personal g-mail, 1-AOL for tha spam type sites that ask for an email address, 1x AIM email account from before i had AOL, and the master AOL mail account) and i want to find out if i can assign a colour to each account so i can tell at a glance which new email is for which account when i click on the main inbox (which shows all mail messages). Im realy just trying to save a couple of seconds clicking on the individual inboxes.

Any help is appreciated.

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

In the Mail menu > Preferences > Rules tab. Just establish a new rule for each account and the coloring options are under the Perform the following actions section.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Sure...in Preferences, head over to the Rules pane. Click "Add Rule" and then under the "If any of the following conditions are met:" setting choose "Account" and then the account you want. Then set the rule up to make those messages whatever color you want. Repeat for your other accounts.

4. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

You should be able to create rules for each mailbox that says "If to field contains <insert your e-mail address> label with <color of your choosing>"

Edit: Wow, was very quickly beaten to it twice :)

5. millar876 thread starter macrumors 6502a

millar876

thanks everyone. Job done. Just didnt know i could do that, never had any cause to look in that part of preffs before