Multiple Recovered folders in Outlook for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by OhMissSixty, Aug 12, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I had a repetitive problem with outlook where I had to rebuild the database repeatedly. I may have fixed that by recreating identity following advice from elsewhere in the forum, but now I have about 40 Recovered Folders with sundry mail in them. The question is what to do with them ? Do I need to restore them or delete them or does anyone know what is in them ? I cant see a discernible pattern.
    Any advice appreciated.
    I am using a Macbook air OS 10.7.4 and Office for Mac 14.2.2.

2. macrumors newbie

Same problem

I also have this problem (except i have 125 'recovered folders'). The emails in these folders seem to have been taken off the server (i am now using a company exchange server) and hence i don't want to delete them.

I did repair the database a few weeks ago but not sure when these appeared. Seems to have been after i added my new Exchange Account.

How has this happened? What can i do? (i don't seem to be able to drag the emails back to my inbox ... in a hope to get them back on the server)

please help.

MacBook Pro OS version 10.8
    Mountain Lion
    Outlook 2011 version 14.2.3

3. macrumors newbie

100+ recovered folders in Calendar

I have over 100 recovered folders in Calendar. All have sub-folders for all categories (colors) and all are empty of any events.
    I want to delete them all, and don't want to have to do that one at a time. Any way I can delete them in bulk?
    Any way to select multiple recovered folders to delete all at once?