Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
Anybody ever played a game on iPhone/iPod Touch with more than one save slot or profile? Is it possible on the platform or is there some sort of software/hardware limitation or SDK rule preventing this? Are we limited to freeze states?

Friends often want to try some of my games, but letting them try from the beginning, usually means my progress will be lost. It wasn't that bad at the beginning since the games were all very modest and simplistic. But now that we're starting to get more complex or A-list games, this is becoming an inconvenience for me. (Not a show stopper)

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
Anybody ever played a game on iPhone/iPod Touch with more than one save slot? Is it possible on the platform or is there some sort of software or rule hurdle preventing this? Are we limited to freeze states?

Friends often want to try some of my games, but letting them try from the beginning, usually means my progress will be lost. It wasn't that bad at the beginning since the games were all very modest and simplistic. But now that we're starting to get more complex or A-list games, this is becoming an inconvenience for me. (Not a show stopper)

Enigmo has multiple save slots. There is no limit in the SDK holding saves to only one slot.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
Enigmo has multiple save slots. There is no limit in the SDK holding saves to only one slot.

Ah thanks! Glad to hear it. So so far it has been a developer's decision I guess. Anybody knows if you can save multiple cities in Sim City? That sounds like a game that begs for multiple save slots.

ajnicho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2008
Ah thanks! Glad to hear it. So so far it has been a developer's decision I guess. Anybody knows if you can save multiple cities in Sim City? That sounds like a game that begs for multiple save slots.

Yes. I believe you can!

Dorfdad

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
All up to the developers, and I feel your pain. My son and wife like to play some games and its makes me lose all my progress.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.