Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Re: Multiple-session burning?

Originally posted by mmmdreg
Do all burning macs only have single-session burning? and if so, is it the hardware or the software?

I'm assuming you're referring to DVD burning... as to that, I believe it's the software because the Pioneer models have DVD-RW specs.

But I could be wrong, as I haven't yet had the pleasure of using a SuperDrive. But that's what I recall hearing.

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
No..I was referring to cd burning...Maybe it's just a few Macs but my iMac 600 surely doesn't have multiple-session burning...

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Uh, don't quote me on this, but I think that was something addressed in an OS update. Are you using the latest version?

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Uh, don't quote me on this, but I think that was something addressed in an OS update. Are you using the latest version?

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Originally posted by Beej
I do have the latest version...but there's no muliple-session...

Choppaface

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
SFBA
does multiple sessions let you create more than one partition (like those CDs that have both the music part and then the director presentation part), or does it just let you keep adding to one partition?

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
It lets you burn a cd and if there's spcae left over, you can add more and burn that on as well...you can't delete stuff unless it's a cd-rw...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.