multiple sessions on one CD using Toast?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by cb911, Aug 8, 2002.

1. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i was using Nero on my PC today and it reminded me how in Nero you can start a multisesson CD and then do as many different burns to it as you want. but in Toast if you do more than one burn to a CD it puts more CD icons on your desktop. so in Toast is there a way to burn a CD at different times without it putting more than one CD icon on your desktop?

2. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

I think you can do this with CD-RW, but I think that is a problem with Toast, even thought it would be quite cool to do this.

Try looking at the different CD-R (+W) technologys, I am pretty sure that Disk Burner can't do it either.

Ensign

3. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

there is a freeware app that allows apple's disk burner to do multiple sessions but ive never used it so i dont know if it does the toast multiple cd icon trick. but it might be worth checking out.

[edit: http://www.sentman.com/burner/ its shareware now, and it does indeed mount a separate partition for each session :( ]

4. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

so i'm doomed to multiple CD icons? oh well, it must be ok to do that if that's all Toast can do.

but what if i have 5 different burns on one CD? will the 5 CD icons on my desktop stuff anything up?

5. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Nope, you could have a dozen and the computer wouldn't care. But it's annoying as heck! I don't know why they don't allow us to be able to burn separate sessions under one volume.

6. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

well at least i can go about my normal burning routine without having to worry about wrecking my Mac. but you're right about one thing, it sure does get annoying!:mad: :rolleyes: