Multiple speakers and 2 airport expresses

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by doug.hall, Jan 17, 2006.

1. doug.hall macrumors regular

Ok. So I've updated iTunes (ver 6.0.2) and both my airport expresses (ver 6.3) and all appeared well. However when I try to play music through both airport expresses it only comes out of one of them. Also the second airport express will only play music if it is selected alone (i.e. without the computer and any other remote speakers). The problem looks to be with the second (remote) airport express and not the main airport express (the one connected to the internet).

Anyone got any ideas what is wrong?

2. doug.hall thread starter macrumors regular

For anyone reading this the problem is now sorted. called apple and they couldn't work it out. So I restarted everything set it up again and it is now all working fine. No idea what was wrong but I don't care as long as it works ... until the next time.

3. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Are you saying i can have the music coming out of my computer and my express at the same time? If so how?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Select Multiple Speakers from the list of available speakers instead of just selecting an Express or the computer and tick the boxes you want. You need the latest firmware for the Expresses and the latest version of iTunes to do this though. :)

5. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Mine does not have this. I am running 10.3.9 could that do it?

Attached Files:

6. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Sorry I figured it out......i am not running the latest express firmware, i thought i was because i went into the settings and it did not tell me about a new version like usual.:eek: