Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theblindbandit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
Every time I sync my :apple:TV, it takes about 5 minutes trying to sync these multiple things which end up not even syncing. It is a major time waster and very annoying at least. Here are some images:

screenshot20100325at903.png

screenshot20100325at903.png

I would really like to know how to make these errors disappear.

Thanks in advance!

mstrze

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2009
Don't sync...just stream.

Guaranteed to make those errors disappear.

If you still want to sync, I recommend putting all the offending songs into a playlist that you can 'de-click' in the sync menu (using the manually manage/sync option. In that way, iTunes will not even bother to copy those songs to your ATV. Along the same lines, you can choose not to sync those movies or TV episodes that offend as well by not clicking them in the Movies or TV shows list.

theblindbandit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
That would work, but I am pretty sure that all of the "offending" items are audiobooks, which are in many different playlists. I don't want to un-check those because they also have songs that I want on my :apple:tv...

KevinC867

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Saratoga, CA
That would work, but I am pretty sure that all of the "offending" items are audiobooks, which are in many different playlists. I don't want to un-check those because they also have songs that I want on my :apple:tv...

It seems odd to mix songs and audiobooks in the same playlist, but I'm sure you have your reasons.

All those items should have "Audiobook" as their genre. Just create a new smart playlist matching the rule "Genre" "Is Not" "Audiobook". Then select that playlist in the Music tab of the AppleTV device selection.

Or, just sync based on Genre directly and un-click the Audiobook genre in the AppleTV/Music tab.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.