multiple tab home page

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by shagadelic45200, Mar 26, 2007.

1. shagadelic45200 macrumors newbie

I am brand new to MACs, so sorry for the elementery q's..............but:

could someone tell me how to set/open multiple tabs as my homepage, using Safari? IN firefox or IE, you jsut put a comma or colon after each homepage you want to set and they all come up as tabs when launching that browser. This does't seem to work in Safari..

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'm not aware of something that does exactly what you want, but you might check out SafariStand. I think it allows you to set up a default "workspace" of multiple tabs that can be re-initiated each time you run Safari. Which would essentially be equivalent to what you want (the default workspace just replaces your homepage).

3. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

As far as I know, you can't.

Safari is the only browser I use in OSX, so I just configured one of the buttons on my Logitech LX7 for "New Tab" and use Bookmarks.

You can also use your keyboard to quickly open a Bookmark by using the Apple Key + 1-9. Just arrange your Bookmarks Bar.

4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Awesome tip...learn something new everyday.

(Just noticed it doesn't seem to work on folders [or auto-click enabled folders] in the Bookmarks bar...that would have been even more awesome).